br Demaria S Ng B Devitt ML
13. Demaria S, Ng B, Devitt ML, et al. Ionizing APTSTAT3-9R inhibition of distant un-treated tumors (abscopal effect) is immune mediated. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2004; 58:862-70.
14. Reits EA, Hodge JW, Herberts CA, et al. Radiation modulates the peptide repertoire, enhances MHC class I expression, and induces successful antitumor immunotherapy. J Exp Med 2006; 203:1259-71.
16. Overman MJ, Lonardi S, Wong KYM, et al. Durable clinical benefit with nivo-lumab plus ipilimumab in DNA mismatch repair-deficient/microsatellite insta-bility-high metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol 2018; 36:773-9.
17. Overman MJ, McDermott R, Leach JL, et al. Nivolumab in patients with meta-static DNA mismatch repair-deficient or microsatellite instability-high colorectal cancer (CheckMate 142): an open-label, multicentre, phase 2 study. Lancet Oncol 2017; 18:1182-91. r> 18. Mkrtichyan M, Najjar YG, Raulfs EC, et al. Anti-PD-1 synergizes with cyclo-phosphamide to induce potent anti-tumor vaccine effects through novel mecha-nisms. Eur J Immunol 2011; 41:2977-86.
21. Scorsetti M, Arcangeli S, Tozzi A, et al. Is stereotactic body radiation therapy an attractive option for unresectable liver metastases? A preliminary report from a phase 2 trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2013; 86:336-42.
22. Hiraki M, Nishimura J, Ohtsuka M, et al. Impact of stereotactic body radiotherapy on colorectal cancer with distant metastases. Oncol Rep 2014; 31:795-9. 23. Nouhaud E, Crehange G, Cueff A, et al. Stereotactic body radiation therapy for liver tumors with or without rotational intensity modulated radiation therapy. BMC Res Notes 2013; 6:492.
24. Habermehl D, Herfarth KK, Bermejo JL, et al. Single-dose radiosurgical treatment for hepatic metastases–therapeutic outcome of 138 treated lesions from a single institution. Radiat Oncol 2013; 8:175.
25. Lausch A, Sinclair K, Lock M, et al. Determination and comparison of radio-therapy dose responses for hepatocellular carcinoma and metastatic colorectal liver tumours. Br J Radiol 2013; 86:20130147.
26. Gulley JL, Madan RA, Tsang KY, et al. A pilot safety trial investigating a vector-based vaccine targeting carcinoembryonic antigen in combination with
Clinical Colorectal Cancer Month 2019 - 7
Anti-PD-1 and Radiation in Colorectal Cancer
radiotherapy in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies metastatic to the liver.
27. Demaria S, Kawashima N, Yang AM, et al. Immune-mediated inhibition of me-tastases after treatment with local radiation and CTLA-4 blockade in a mouse model of breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2005; 11:728-34.
28. Deng L, Liang H, Burnette B, et al. Irradiation and anti-PD-L1 treatment syn-ergistically promote antitumor immunity in mice. J Clin Invest 2014; 124:687-95. 29. Dewan MZ, Galloway AE, Kawashima N, et al. Fractionated but not single-dose radiotherapy induces an immune-mediated abscopal effect when combined with anti-CTLA-4 antibody. Clin Cancer Res 2009; 15:5379-88.
30. Zeng J, See AP, Phallen J, et al. Anti-PD-1 blockade and stereotactic radiation produce long-term survival in mice with intracranial gliomas. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2013; 86:343-9.
34. Li B, Dewey CN. RSEM: accurate transcript quantification from RNA-Seq data with or without a reference genome. BMC Bioinformatics 2011; 12:323.
36. Subramanian A, Tamayo P, Mootha VK, et al. Gene set enrichment analysis: a knowledge-based approach for interpreting genome-wide expression profiles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2005; 102:15545-50.
38. Agresti A, Coull BA. Approximate is better than “exact” for interval estimation of binomial proportions. Am Stat 1998; 52:8.